Summer Horse Camp for all ages
Willow Hill Farm’s Summer Horse Camp offers qualified staff, well-schooled horses, a welcoming atmosphere, and a complete equestrian facility.
Why Willow Hill Farm Summer Horse Camp?
- Every camper gets their own horse to ride and care for.
- Experienced, certified instructors, competent in show jumping, cross country, and dressage.
- Small classes of 6 or less.
- Family atmosphere on a working family farm, with exposure to other farm animals.
- Beautiful mountain terrain. The finest riding country to be found.
- Organic garden that contributes to healthy meals.
- Well-supervised, busy days, encourage interaction and eliminate discipline problems.
- Opportunities for swimming, hiking, horse shows & gardening
• Our two- to six-week program focuses on ages 7 to 17, offering opportunities to expand your knowledge of horsemanship, improve riding skills, and make terrific friends. We offer riding twice daily and instruction in dressage, cross-country, stadium jumping, as well as trail riding.
• Adult Camp and Family Camp options are also offered. They run for three-days or two weeks, contact us for dates. Improve riding skills of all disciplines while enjoying new friends or family.
• Campers progress rapidly, often from never having ridden, to becoming safe, competent riders with excellent horse care skills. While advanced riders, with or without their own horses, learn and progress at their desired level and pace.
• Competitive-minded riders have opportunities to compete in schooling and recognized events, and develop the skills and sportsmanship needed for progressing and winning.
• Noncompetitive-minded riders improve rapidly and are equally welcomed. Campers establish many friends, and develop respect for all levels and ambitions.
• Campers enjoy trail rides along mountain roads, scenic rivers, and wooded paths, within a six million acre state park.
Apply today. Ask about “bring a friend discounts” and “sibling discounts”
NEW IN 2020 … FAMILY CAMP WEEKENDS, Friday-Sunday, in August. Contact us for details!
We offer small group lessons that enable campers to improve rapidly. Riding skills, stable safety, grooming, saddling, feeding, and training horses are all part of our camp program. Willow Hill Farm’s equestrian program is based on the goals and ideals of the United States Pony Club. Each child has her/his very own horse to groom and ride exclusively. It is a very special partnership in which both thrive. Our horses are among the happiest; they are quality horses with good spirit and training. A protective hardhat is required at all times when mounted.
Summer Horse Camp 2021 starts on June 27 and runs through August 7th
Apply today for any two or more week session.
Applications received by January 31, 2020 receive a 5% Early Bird discount!
See Rates, Schedule, and Application Form on pull-down menu above
Campers live in our spacious farmhouse and in nice nearby cabins. They enjoy family-style meals utilizing our own fresh eggs.
A typical day of camp begins with morning chores, breakfast, and a morning lesson in dressage, stadium jumping, or trail riding. Lunch is served at 12:30 followed by a short rest period and afternoon ride. Campers then graze horses, clean tack, or have a horsemanship lesson before feeding and turning out horses. Dinner at 6:30 brings everyone together again, and an evening activity celebrates the end of their day. A weekly day off may include going to a horse show, a local attraction or museum, swimming, or hiking.
Please join us for a memorable experience!
Developing riding skills and competing in horse shows are both personal journeys that come with determination & hard work.
Such skills enhance problem solving abilities, organizational skills, responsibility, confidence, and poise—and encourage a life-long appreciation for agriculture.
Students participating in these sports develop attributes that will make them bright future leaders and worthy candidates for future scholarships.